For most people dry and cracked heels could be a summer hazard, yet it could happen to you at any time of the year. The best way to take care of it would be to perhaps get a fish pedicure. Yet if you cannot afford to have one for yourself, you simply need to follow this 5-step procedure.
1. First, you need to give your foot a complete soak-up for 5-10 minutes in a mixture of 1 cup milk plus 5 cups warm water mix.
2. Massage your legs with a homemade foot scrub using circular motions. This mixture of 4 tablespoons salt/sugar in ½ cup oil should be rubbed into the bottoms of your feet. For this purpose you can use any type of oil though coconut oil, sweet almond oil, vegetable oil or even baby oil would make a great choice. Finally, scrub the bottom of your feet with pumice stone before you rinse and dry your feet.
3. Use stridex pad (found quite effective for treating acne) over the dry areas of your feet as it makes a great exfoliate. This product commonly found in any drugstore usually contains 2% salicylic acid.
4. It is necessary to moisturize your feet with a good thick moisturizer like Vaseline, Eucerin or simply cocoa butter. If you are using Stridex pads, take care to not wash it off.
5. Finally, once you have finished with all the steps, you need to pull up your socks and get a good night’s sleep. Make sure that you keep the socks on throughout the night or for at least 4 hours.
There are basically 3 parts of this complete treatment process – foot soaking, foot scrubbing, and then the overnight mask. You can choose to follow the steps as per your convenience. Using the overnight foot mask for over a week might help you to fix a lot of your cracked heel problem.